Monday, February 28, 2011

TRESemme Dry Shampoo Review

Have you ever been in a rush and just don't have the time to wash your hair? I know I have been, whether it was for school or work my alarm just didn't go off the right time that morning. Well I had planned on taking a shower that morning but inevitably that didn't work out my hair looked a mess and to top it all off greasy to boot! I would frantically run around getting dressed, fixing my makeup and not having any idea what I was going to do with my hair. Now I guess this wouldn't be such a major problem if you have longer hair you can just toss it up into a hair bun or ponytail. However my hair happens to be short.

To solve the greasy problem I had figured out over time that baby powder really helps soak up all the extra oils and then I could quickly find a way to style my hair to look decent. Well It was nice for a while but then putting the baby powder in my hair got old it was always a huge process and took a bit longer than I really had. So when I had heard of all these companies making a dry shampoo that does the same thing and you just aerosol spray it in it sounded great!



So I decided to purchase the TRESemme Dry shampoo for oily/straight to normal hair. Its described as waterless oil and odor remover with mineral clay and citrus. It comes in an aerosol spray can and is pretty cute packaging nothing really design wise just black and neon green. So after first purchasing it I just let it sit in my bathroom for about a week I had forgot all about it till one day.. I looked at my hair and it looked a bit greasy even though I had just showered the day before. I went to the bathroom to use the dry shampoo spray all excited but then.. no after a few sprays (only on one half of my head) it had stopped working, no spray, not even a little bit. I thought oh maybe they clay had clogged the nozzle so I ran it under some hot water to loosen it up, and nothing. I tried everything to get it unclogged with out breaking it and it just wouldn't budge.

I took it back to the store and luckily they were really great about me exchanging it out. I took it home and tried again. I sighed with relief when it didn't get clogged again. Now you still have to work with the product you can't just spray it and walk out cause it does leave a grayish white color in your hair so you have to let it set for about a minute or two and then brush through. You will still have to style it and make it look good. But it does do what it claims and also adds a bit of extra hold and texture to your hair. So it helps to add volume and keep it volumized through out the day.

I wouldn't say it saves you a whole ton of time like I had expected but I don't really know why I thought you wouldn't have to still style it of course you would! I would say its worth the $5 for it if you run into this problem plus the smell is amazing. It is almost like a wonderful perfume for your hair.


Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment