Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nautical Fun

So when we first moved into the new place one of the very first things that we did was paint the Nursery. We had a couple ideas in our head and I couldn't decide what I really wanted. My sister was enlisted to help and when we brought up the idea of doing stripes on the wall she thought it sounded pretty easy. HA! We thought it would be simple until we actually started. There were quite a few things that went wrong just to name a few we couldn't get the width spacing right, and definitely could not get the taping straight. But we had already started so I felt we needed to finish and put a ton of effort into it.


Well the hard work paid off!! I think the room came out marvoulous especially for it being our first time making stripes. There are some flaws but most of the big furniature in her room covers it up. So anyway I will get on with it and show you the finished room and explain as I go.


Oh by the way I got picture happy so I hope you enjoy!!


So this is the view straight across from the door she has her dresser and a few wall decorations

 Moving right along to the right this would be her crib on the "accent" stripe wall with a gift bag we recieved at the shower. It's so cute it has her name on it!


to the right of her crib she's got a gorgeous oil painting of a sailboat right above her clothes hamper next to her closet.


The full view of the "accent" stripe wall. (you can see at the top the tape peeled off the top stripe a little but, and the stripes are a little thinner on the left.) I love what it looks like even if it's not perfect

Above her closet was looking a bit plain so I took the decor from my baby shower that my sister made and draped it across the top. It just adds a little something.

 Next to her closet is her lovely boat that we painted and stained with all her knick-knacks. We put the boat up super high its literally touching the ceiling so that she wouldn't be able to grab anything off the shelves for a while.

 As you can see we did paint one wall the solid blue and just put accents on it I really like the way this came out too. Wifey had the idea to put the huge anchor inside the red frame!

 I think it looks pretty creative atop her bookcase. Looking at this picture it looks like we may need to declutter the top of her bookshelf a little. But I just love how many books she has already, I can't wait to read to her!

Moving right along her is her other dresser. (yes she has two!) There is another beatiful photo of a larger sailboat on the solid blue wall as well and above her dress she has some more decor and there is an aquarium mobile thing that is supposed to be plugged in but I have no idea where to plug it so she can see it. ( any ideas)

So here is a full wall shot (kind of) oh on either side of her bookcase she has a giant teddy bear and a white leopard. They don't really go with the theme but they're cute. (also in front of her dresser is her playmat thats another thing I have no idea where to place)

So inbetween both of her dressers is a pretty decent size window (which doesn't have a screen yeah I don't like it either luckily she won't be in her room for a couple months) and also her changing table that has loads of diapers and wipes all stocked up.

 The one thing I still have to do is make her curtain which is going to be just adorable!! On top of her changing pad is the boppy pillow with the cover I made, and underneath well that's all the diapers and wipes. Oh yeah and my pup princess Lucy!

 An entire wall view.

So as you can see I put labels on each of the drawers for many reasons; to keep things organized, for when we have family over to help they don't have to ask where things are, and so when she is older she can read where things are!

Here is a close up of the wall hangings above both of her dressers. They are just very beachy and have different scenes on them and they are made of ceramic.

 I also labeled the baskets that have her diapers in them just incase I lose my mind.. or something like that.

 Stocked up with her diapers for at least 3 weeks (hopefully)


This rug is in front of her crib and there is also another one in front of her changing table I got these at Ikea months ago and I didn't know where I was going to put them but they work perfectly in there and match the paint perfectly too!! 


 As you can see her second dresser isn't filled with clothes (well one drawer is) it has some of her misclaneous stuff like sheets, hats, bows, things to take on the go, etc.

 This is going to be her jewelry box, when she gets some I have a bracelet I made for her but I was thinking this would be filled with her nicer jewelry. Wifey and I painted and decorated it ourselves.

This fram also doesn't match but its soo dang cute!! This is sitting next to her jewelry case on top of her dresser.

 This is for her safety so she knows how to tie knots (lol) Just kidding! But we saw this at a thrift store and thought it would match her room decor perfectly so we snatched it up for $4!

 All of her glorious books she has so far! I just love this!!


 Second shelf of her book case has two silver frames with beach type pictures in them and the photo album in the middle says new baby girl. And of course her toy that plays music/teaches the A, B, C's!

 On top of her bookshelf there is a stereo so she can listen to her soothing music to sleep and calm down well on top of that is her candle holder (doubt we'll light these unless we're in there)

 She also has her own Alaskan Amber beer tab. Lol wifey got this from her work and it just matched perfectly so in her room it went. Its not really in the place I want it because it's a bit hidden. I think I might hang it on the wall...


 Behind her door of course every girl needs a mirror to check herself out so we got this red mirror (actually from my mom) and just hung it up back there.

 We also have to vases on top of one of her dressers this one is filled with water and shells from San Diego ( the shells are from San Diego not the water)


 This vase is filled with sand and shells from San Diego. (yes both sand and shells are from San Diego actually from the beach we got married at)

Some up close views of what is on her boat shelves. Lowest shelf has a few shells, starfish, and a sailboat all from Fort Bragg, CA

 A lighthouse picture frame from a thrift store and another sailboat again from a thrift store.


This picture ended up blurry but anyway the boat on the side is from my grandma the big white thing in the middle is an elephant tusk with this awesome carving of the ocean with boats and everything nautical on it. The last sailboat is from a thrift store and is very delicate its pretty awesome how its made of shells and string.

Her closet is a little bit disorganized right now but I am still working on washing all of her clothes.

 I also made little markers to separate all of her clothes by months.


 Cubby system in her closet has extra diapers and wipes and burp cloths.

 her stuffed animals all hanging out together

I hope you all enjoyed this post and all the pictures. A big thank you to my wifey, sister, and mom for helping me get it all ready and basically in order for her to have a room to come home to.


XOXOXO,



2 comments:

  1. It's SO cute!! Jess told me it was adorable:) I LOVE the stripes too! Little girls are SO much fun. Books are my favorite things too. We started reading to Shayne around 8 months and she has such a love for books now that she is 3. Can't wait to see your little girl in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa and thanks so much for the adorable swimsuit its perfect!!! I hope she gets here soon!! And congrats on your baby boy that is going to be so much fun and I bet Clayton is just extatic!!!

    ReplyDelete