Wednesday, June 22, 2011

37 weeks 2 days

Please excuse my wife's boxer shorts I am wearing in this photo
This was an early morning still in my pj's shot (lol)

37weeks 2days




How far along: I am now 37 weeks 2 days pregnant ... 2 weeks 5 days= 19 days to go!!!!



Size of baby: Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (according to Babycenter). I've been wondering when the "time" will be. Will she be early? Late? I'm getting anxious (but very excited).



Update: We went to the doctor 6-21-11 and got an update that I am finally 1cm dilated, 40% effaced and that she is still measuring small so they want to give me 2 ultrasounds a week to make sure she is growing and breathing as she should. My Dr. said she isn't super worried because she is still growing just at her own pace not "average" she's just a little smaller than "normal' but her heart rate and breathing are great. She just wants to do the ultrasounds as standard procedure.




Maternity clothes: Yes and yes ... I am still able to find a few of my non-maternity shirts and dresses that still work with my huge belly.





Gender: It's a GIRL and she'll be named Reina Jean!



 
Movement: Her movement is still very often and I definitely know when she's sleeping and when she's awake she is as strong as ever. I can feel her kicking my ribs more and more (I think she is kicking herself down) She  misshapes my entire belly when she moves!




Sleep:  I have been pretty tired lately. I catch myself wanting to take more and more naps but I just can't bring myself to do it. There have been maybe 2-3 days I actually lay down and take a nap. I do rest a lot but sleep just never happens especially at night.





What I miss: Being able to bend over, walk without getting winded, walk without a waddle, fit into my clothes, and surprisingly run.

 


Cravings: This week I had a craving for water ... surprise! Ice from QT (a convience store) the ice is small and like a crushed soft ice easy to chew!  Also, chocolate ice cream in a cone, and baked goods. All not good things to be craving. I still am craving fruits though too.





Symptoms: Let's see: round ligament pain, sciatic nerve pain, difficulty breathing, little baby feet sticking up into my ribs, swelling of my ankles (more often now), feet burn from walking so much, and legs are tired from going up and down stairs, exhaustion, lower back pain, and just all around uncomfortableness.






What I'm looking forward to: We are going to stay with my mom being that we have 3 doctors appointments a weeks now it's just easier to be closer to the area/hospital. And most of all having the precious little girl.






Best moment this week: Spending Father's day with my dad for several hours just being able to talk to him about what he's got going on and about Reina and everything.
 
 
 
 
 
XOXO,
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment