Thursday, July 7, 2011

Induction thoughts

I have been really thinking about what my doctor said. I have been doing a ton of research on induction and really weighing out my options. Tiffany and I really want our doctor there. I haven't met any other doctors in the practice so I don't know who I would get if I don't choose to induce.

Tiffany is for the induction and I'm still up in the air. I really just don't know what to do I am super nervous and anxious when I think about the induction, but I am also getting pretty uncomfortable and its hot. I also want to see my baby girl now. (I can wait)

If I do get induced then it would be this Friday. What do you all think? Should I induce? Risk not having my doctor there? Go naturally? Please comment and let me know.



  1. It's really whatever you and Tiffany are comfortable with (mainly you since YOU are the one pushing this little gal out!). I know it's hard with the first one because you have NO idea what to expect! If you induce...just read up on the whole process so that you are in control and know what's going on. I felt really good knowing everything I could about being induced and the labor process. Nothing surprised me and that felt very empowering. I would say the main question would be how much will your Dr be a part of your delivery? I thought that since my Dr was there to deliver...she would be there the whole time. Then I found out that Dr's show up only when it's time to push and even then...sometimes only for the last few pushes. Labor nurses do the majority considering how many other patients your Dr has that day. I know you will make the best decision for you:) In the's all about getting that baby here as safe as possible and induction or not...Dr's know what they are doing:)

  2. Thanks so much Melissa I really appreciate all your thoughts and everything it helps a lot :D